July 10, 2017
Implementing Machine Translation For All Projects
MK Translation Firm (Osaka, Japan) has decided, beginning January 2019, to implement machine translation (hereinafter, MT) for all JA/EN and EN/JA projects, as an attempt to improve productivity. Thereby, we will discontinue translation involving human translation from the beginning. We plan to utilize various technologies besides MT to increase productivity while shortening translation time.
- Discontinue human translation. Rough translation will be performed by MT.
- Human translators will be involved from the post editing process.
- Increase translation productivity while shortening translation time.
- JA to EN and EN to JA
[Name of the Service]
- MT-based Patent Translations
[Staff ability to translate per day (estimated)]
- 3500 to 4000 words (*currently 2000 to 2500 words)
- MT + Post edit + Review
In the current MT technology as of July 2017, MT of JA to EN and EN to JA is the most effective, and thus MT for Japanese and English pair will be introduced first. Thereafter, we plan to introduce other language pairs.
For trials and pricing, please contact us at:
Name: Masa Kajiki
Translated into English by Hiroko Matsuda, in-house translator, MK Translation Firm